Are stuck or, worst yet, have you given up on your dreams and settled for where you are at?
When I was growing up, I had a poster in my bedroom that read, "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." Are you willing to put in the work, time, and effort to make your dreams come true?
Here are six reasons you don't dream big enough (timemanagementninja.com 10/6/2011):
1. You Don't Have A Clear Dream - Be specific as possible about what your dream looks like. See it, smell it, feel it, in your mind's eye.
2. You Don't Know Your Own Limits - Don't underestimate your abilities. You are more resilient than you think. Stretch your abilities and realize your dreams.
3. You Don't Have The Discipline - People settle for what they have because they don't have the discipline to focus on one particular thing. Concentrate on what you want every day.
4. You Lack Expertise or Skill - Learn, pay your dues, and put in the hard work. Don't give up on your dream because you are too lazy to gain the knowledge and skills you need to make that dream a reality.
5. You Have Obstacles In Your Way - There will always be impediments to reaching your dreams. They are there so you can prove to yourself how badly you want to attain your dream.
6. You Are Scared Of Failing - The road to success is paved with failure. No successful person who ever reached their dreams did so without failing and having setbacks. See # 5 above. How bad do you want that dream? Bad enough to overcome your fear?
If you want to obtain your dream bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.
Please watch the video below to hear the story of Robert Manry and how he refused to give up on his dreams.
Also, please leave me a comment about the habits you are using that are leading you to your dreams.
Author & Motivational Speaker
Terry is a sought after speaker who believes in the power of a story to motivate, inspire, and help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary lives. By combining his eleven-year cancer journey with his diverse business, athletic coaching, and hostage negotiating expertise, he delivers compelling yet relatable presentations for conferences, on-line events, panels, meetings, and seminars.