Are you happy at your job?
What makes you happy where you work?
The Metropolitan Life Insurance Company saw such a great result among happy salespeople that they started hiring based on optimism. They found that optimistic salespeople outsold their more pessimistic counterparts by 19% in year one and 57% in year two!
According to an online article from Indeed (2/3/2023), it's important to have happy employees because:
1. It makes customers happy - When employees find satisfaction in their work, they express it in their interactions with customers.
2. Leads to positive results - Individuals who are happy in their jobs usually perform better.
3. Fosters teamwork - Happy workers project their attitude around the office and rally their co-workers.
4. Happiness improves work attitudes - Workers who are happy are more likely to have positive attitudes that lead to successful outcomes.
5. Contributes to professional development - A positive work environment encourages employees to learn from their mistakes instead of fearing consequences.
While we understand the importance of having a happy staff, how do companies ensure their workforce is motivated? Here are some tips for keeping employees happy:
1. Seek feedback - Nothing makes employees happier than working at a company that promotes and values employee input.
2. Be transparent - By sharing relevant information and communicating a course of action, employees feel they are kept in the loop.
3. Prioritize work-life balance - Giving employees the opportunity to work a flexible schedule as long as the mission is accomplished makes people happy.
4. Develop opportunities for growth and enrichment - Ensuring employees have access to training that can lead to advancement makes staff feel the company cares about developing staff.
5. Offer benefits beyond a competitive salary - Providing things like bonuses, additional life insurance, gym memberships, and tuition assistance are examples of benefits that show employees you care about their overall well-being.
Please leave me a comment about your thoughts on ensuring a happy workforce and do you have any examples of what your company does to improve employee morale and show they care?
Author & Motivational Speaker
Terry is a sought after speaker who believes in the power of a story to motivate, inspire, and help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary lives. By combining his eleven-year cancer journey with his diverse business, athletic coaching, and hostage negotiating expertise, he delivers compelling yet relatable presentations for conferences, on-line events, panels, meetings, and seminars.