Does the truth matter anymore? Not your interpretation of the truth, but the actual truth itself.
In our society today, many people desire to frame the facts into lies that allow them to espouse their narrative as truth.
Would you be interested in taking a new drug that had not been properly vetted so the company could make more money on a medication that could potentially harm you? As a victim of a crime, would you want your case investigated by a detective who didn't care about the facts? Would you want to commit our country to war based on lies fabricated about our enemy?
Most people would answer, "No" to those questions, yet the examples above have happened in recent history.
Here are Ten Lies of Contemporary Culture as detailed by Dr. Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College and the author of 80 books on philosophy, theology, and apologetics. (Keep in mind these are lies):
1. You can be whatever you want to be. There is a little good in the worst of us and a little bad in the best of us.
2. The most important person in the whole world is you. Whenever we worship ourselves we make hell.
3. You can save the world.
4. You need education in creative thinking. You are the creator of truth.
5. You need education in critical thinking. Not the search for any positive truth, but a negative skepticism towards anything that claims to be truth.
6. All peace is good including peace with the world, the flesh, and the devil.
7. Christianity can be reduced to peace and justice.
8. The exaltation of openness, welcoming, and tolerance as the supreme good.
9. All you need is love. All discrimination is evil, especially the discrimination between good and evil.
10. Exaltation on freedom as an end, rather than a means. No matter how smoky, stinky, and slimy the darkness in your life gets, it cannot endure the light of your soul.
Regardless of how woke society gets and how many battles are lost in the "culture wars," the light of truth is imperishable.
All lies die. The truth alone remains.
Please leave me a comment about your thoughts regarding the importance of truth in our culture and in your life.
Author & Motivational Speaker
Terry is a sought after speaker who believes in the power of a story to motivate, inspire, and help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary lives. By combining his eleven-year cancer journey with his diverse business, athletic coaching, and hostage negotiating expertise, he delivers compelling yet relatable presentations for conferences, on-line events, panels, meetings, and seminars.