INSPIRING PEOPLE TO LEAD UNCOMMON LIVES
*** CHECK OUT MY NEWEST PODCASTS FROM LEO WARRIORS, CJ EVOLUTION AND ROCK BOTTOM SYNDICATE***
google-site-verification: google93217b8f1a48feb2.html UA-133336474-1
John Mariotti, president of the Enterprise Group, says the role of the leader is:
1. To create a clear understanding of the current reality and a healthy dissatisfaction with the current situation.
2. To help develop a shared vision of a more desirable future situation.
3. To create the belief that there is a viable path from the former to the latter.
4. To create an environment in which people are motivated to embark on the journey to that future.
He also suggests that the responsibilities of a leader are:
1. To help the organization remove or overcome obstacles on the journey.
2. To assure that the resources needed for the journey are available or can be obtained.
3. To provide encouragement, honest feedback (positive and negative), and continued support during that journey.
4. To take part in the journey.
From: Leadership...with a human touch, April 4, 2000, Page 9-10
I have reinvented myself numerous times over my professional career.