Please check out my latest YouTube recording from the Own Your Wellness Podcast with Julie Ann Meyer. You can watch the podcast by clicking on the PODCAST & SPEAKING VIDEOS button at the top of this page and scroll down and click on the Own Your Wellness Podcast tab.
Please check out my latest YouTube recording from the Awaken With Carla Podcast with Carla Fernandes. You can watch the podcast by clicking on the PODCAST & SPEAKING VIDEOS button at the top of this page and scroll down and click on the Awaken With Carla Podcast tab.
Are stuck or, worst yet, have you given up on your dreams and settled for where you are at?
When I was growing up, I had a poster in my bedroom that read, "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." Are you willing to put in the work, time, and effort to make your dreams come true?
Here are six reasons you don't dream big enough (timemanagementninja.com 10/6/2011):
1. You Don't Have A Clear Dream - Be specific as possible about what your dream looks like. See it, smell it, feel it, in your mind's eye.
2. You Don't Know Your Own Limits - Don't underestimate your abilities. You are more resilient than you think. Stretch your abilities and realize your dreams.
3. You Don't Have The Discipline - People settle for what they have because they don't have the discipline to focus on one particular thing. Concentrate on what you want every day.
4. You Lack Expertise or Skill - Learn, pay your dues, and put in the hard work. Don't give up on your dream because you are too lazy to gain the knowledge and skills you need to make that dream a reality.
5. You Have Obstacles In Your Way - There will always be impediments to reaching your dreams. They are there so you can prove to yourself how badly you want to attain your dream.
6. You Are Scared Of Failing - The road to success is paved with failure. No successful person who ever reached their dreams did so without failing and having setbacks. See # 5 above. How bad do you want that dream? Bad enough to overcome your fear?
If you want to obtain your dream bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.
Please watch the video below to hear the story of Robert Manry and how he refused to give up on his dreams.
Also, please leave me a comment about the habits you are using that are leading you to your dreams.
Monday Morning Motivational Message - 21 Teachings To Live By (Part 1) From Japanese Samurai Miyamoto Musashi
What values, philosophies, or teachings do you live by?
I've been interested in the courage, discipline, and honor of the Japanese Samurai warriors, for some time.
Shortly before he died in 1645, Japanese swordsman, philosopher, and Samurai, Miyamoto Musashi wrote the book, Dokkodo (which means, The Path of Aloneness). This work outlines 21 precepts that express an ascetic (meaning a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from sensual pleasures for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals), honest, and stringent way a person should live their life.
In Part 1 of the Monday Morning Motivational Message we will examine the first ten precepts of Musashi's teachings:
1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole lifelong.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by feelings of lust or love.
Many of these teachings require us to forego our attachment to our feelings for the purpose of acquiring a higher meaning or intention of a sacred nature.
Please leave me a comment about your thoughts regarding detaching from your feelings toward earthly items, with the intention of experiencing something of a higher spiritual quality.
Please check out my latest audio recording from the Uncensored Yarns Podcast With William Brokloff. You can listen to the podcast by clicking on the AUDIO PODCASTS & RADIO INTERVIEWS button at the top of this page, then click on the PODCAST INTERVIEWS tab and scroll down and click on the Uncensored Yarns Podcast tab.
Please check out my latest audio recording from Your Intended Message Podcast With George Torok. You can listen to the podcast by clicking on the AUDIO PODCASTS & RADIO INTERVIEWS button at the top of this page, then click on the PODCAST INTERVIEWS tab and scroll down and click on the Your Intended Message Podcast tab.
Please check out my latest audio recording from The Vivid Vision Podcast With Shevo Umweni. You can listen to the podcast by clicking on the AUDIO PODCASTS & RADIO INTERVIEWS button at the top of this page, then click on the PODCAST INTERVIEWS tab and scroll down and click on The Vivid Vision Podcast tab.
Purchase Sustainable Excellence, here!
Author & Motivational Speaker
Terry is a sought after speaker who believes in the power of a story to motivate, inspire, and help others lead their uncommon and extraordinary lives. By combining his eleven-year cancer journey with his diverse business, athletic coaching, and hostage negotiating expertise, he delivers compelling yet relatable presentations for conferences, on-line events, panels, meetings, and seminars.